I wish I could give you some magical piece of advice that would help your get your house clean in seconds but unfortunately our mother loving world doesn’t work like that! But never fear, for I am here! 😉
If you have kids your job isn’t easy! Whether you have 1 kid or more, it’s just not.. Why? Because kids are little tornadoes with messy, sticky hands, and while we love those little tornadoes with all of our hearts, one could lose their mind trying to keep their household clean (especially when you are like me with 5 boys under the age of 7)! Yeah, Yeah the husband knocked me up one too many times, I know. 😉 haha ( good laugh huh ) we love our little honey bunnies!!!
**This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I would receive a little something to keep this blog up and running.**
Okay, time to get to the 7 tips that help me keep my home clean. It’s been working great for me and I have 5 boys always running around my house.
- Your home will never and I do mean ever (well until your kids move out) be truly spotless! So get over it right now! Harsh? Maybe, but don’t worry once you get past this one it’s smooth sailing from here. I don’t stress about it as much anymore which actually turned out to be a good thing because I’m more relaxed and my kids are too. I am able to get MORE house work done instead of stressing out and becoming overwhelmed with everything I have to do. I am able to get things get done!
- While walking from place to place in your home, take a look at things that aren’t in their place, and stop to pick them up. Put them AWAY. Refer to this as a quick tidying up instead of looking at it as more things to clean up in another room.
- Have a designated spot for everything!! Can’t stress that enough! Gone are the days when no thing had a home. 😉 This will change your life. Extra tip: Buy cute baskets! Use them at the end of the day to collect items out of their place. The cute basket will make you happy and your home will be ready for a new day. You can check out these baskets here, they are on sale right now for 14.95 and they are so cute!
- After the kiddos are off to school and your little ones are content at home, grab a cup of coffee and make yourself a daily to do list. It should include things like unloading and loading the dishwasher (I do this every morning and it helps me keep my kitchen clean). This really helps me keep track of what I need to get done that day. I’m not scrambling around, and jumping from room to room, trying to remember what I needed to get done or who I needed to call. Cross off each task when you’re done ( it feels awesome! )
- If you have little monkeys have them help you out! I struggled with this for a really long time because my kids are so young and it was just easier for me to get it done, the right way, myself. All this did was put more on my plate! I was left overwhelmed with everything I had to do.
- Get a Swiffer! Mine saved my sanity! I don’t use the Swiffer mop pads because of the chemicals. Instead, I grabbed an old towel and cut it up length wise to fit my Swiffer. I also make my own natural cleaners. This makes mopping so much easier and it’s so great to be able to spot mop when I need to really quick. My floors stay clean, and in a house full of boys who sometimes eat what they drop on the floor, that’s good!!
- This is a BIG one ladies, FINISH WHAT YOU START! This will really help keep your home clean. Focus on one thing and get it done. If you don’t you will just make more clutter and overwhelm yourself.
Don’t feel defeated by your messy home. I’m not perfect in fact I’m very imperfect but that’s what makes me, ME. If I can go from a messy home to going to sleep at night with my dishes done and everything in its place, then so can you!
So, let’s just say Eff that Mother Loving Mess! Pick the love up! You’ll be way more happy and comfy in your home. I’m on the wagon and going strong! This mama ain’t falling off! Hop on!
GET FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO THE VAULT
THE WIFE, MOTHER & HOMEMAKER RESOURCE VAULT