Valentines Day can get pretty hectic. Everyone is celebrating it! So where ever you go that night it WILL be packed! And if you are looking to take your family out for some fun, Valentine’s Day isn’t the night to do it. Leave that night open for just you, incase there is something special planned. Here’s how you can have a family date night on Valentine’s Day.
So, Instead of having your kids around a bunch of mushy yucky love birds (not that I have a problem with love birds, I just don’t need the mushy yucky stuff being done in front of my kids) pick another day before Valentine’s Day to do something fun. It doesn’t have to be crazy expensive (unless you like that and in that case, bring me and my family out too! ;)) If you’re a frugal seeker head over to LoveMoreLiveBlessed.com. Crystal, did a great post about spoiling your family on Valentine’s Day, The Frugal Way!
There are a lot of awesome ways you can celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kiddos! It’s a great way to keep your family close and it’s also so much fun for the kids! They’ll remember the memories you make with them. Now, think outside the box when it comes to how you can celebrate V-Day with your family.
- Go out for Ice cream & a movie (we usually stick to watching movies at home because we have a large family and it is so expensive!)
- Pick an awesome restaurant the kids have been dying to go to. This a special treat for our family because we don’t eat out much.
- Bake something together! Kids love baking sweets. 😉
- Do a V-day hunt! Buy them their own small box of chocolates and little teddy. You can tie them together with a ribbon and hide them in your home or at the place you are going to celebrate at.
- Chuckecheese or something like it. This place is always fun for my kids (they’re young) and they appreciate when we take them for fun. What kids doesn’t like to run around all hyped up on pizza and pop! Pop is another special treat for my kids, lol. We try to watch their sugar intake.
These are just some fun ideas you can do! We started doing this with our family and it worked out great. It was so much fun! This past year we let the kids choose what resturant we were going to eat at. It was IHOP and we all enjoyed a sweet treat! I’m thinking this year we will round our ideas up toss them in a basket and mommy can pick a winner ;). This is how we give our kids a special Valentine’s Day from mommy and daddy.