Being a mother is hard enough, that’s why I’m sharing these top 5 tips for moms! Whether you’re a new mom or you’re on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or in my case fifth kid! These tips are good to know, and will help your mommy game, that much more!
Top 5 Tips New Mothers Should Know
- Pray. Mothering is hard, and that is no lie! I will never believe you if you say otherwise, we all face struggles as mothers. Download the First5 app (it’s free) on your phone for daily devotionals to help you when you grow weary. It’s been extremely helpful in my life and changes the outcome of my attitude on hard days. Plus, they offer free inspirational images! I keep this one on my phone as a reminder, and a little push in the right way!
- Feeding your family is hard enough, I have 6 boys (1 of the 6 boys is my husband ) who depend on mommy to feed them. The last thing you need while dealing with a newborn and recovering from child birth is to be worried about what you and your family will eat. So, plan crockpot meals, or use this, they will literally save your life, and some sanity as well. Check out Pinterest for some yummy ideas! Have family who can help? Ask them to cook some meals up when they can and bring them by.
- Ask for help and accept it when it’s offered. I had a big problem with this! I couldn’t accept it when I obviously needed it. Maybe it made me feel inadequate as a mother for not being able to do it all myself but, we should never feel that way. Don’t burn yourself out, your no good to anyone that way. Believe me, I experienced lots of failures like that. We are mothers and we were given great jobs we can handle , that’s why Jesus gives us some help just when we need it! So, take it mama!
- Get your sleep when you can! Again, I thought I could do it all, without help.. It’s safe to say that I totally sabotaged my sleep, and healing by choosing cleaning instead. Of, course it’s your choice but, I wish I would have learned from myself the first time around! I didn’t heal right after my births (two were C-sections) and I should have taken better care of myself.. So, sleep when your baby sleeps (if your can) or switch on and off, sleep one napping time and get done what ever you need to the other napping time.
- Make sure you find some time for yourself. You’re important mama and your family needs you. Heck, you need yourself! So, even if it’s just that nice looooong HOT un-interrupted shower take it and get it together! 😉
Keep these 5 tips in mind on your mothering journeys. They’ve sure helped me and I know they will help you too!
I also wanted to include some goodies for you mamas! A value of 165 dollars! Click on the image, it will take you straight to the page. Then enter your promo code after you’ve selected your choice of options. Proceed to shopping cart. If you do not see the promo code option, scroll to the top of your cart and you’ll see “change my order” and that’ll take you to the shopping cart page. There you can enter your promo code.
PROMO CODE: DMC416NP
PROMO CODE: DMC416CC
PROMO CODE: DMC416UC
PROMO CODE: DMC416SS
Bonus Tip You Need To Know!
This is something my husband I came up with to get our children to sleep when they were babies, and it worked like a charm every time!
When your baby is fussy and won’t sleep take the shirt off you wore for the day and either swaddle the baby in it or over the blanket they are already swaddled in. It has your scent on it and it comforts your baby. He will feel like you never put him down! You can then rock your baby a bit and lay him down to sleep so you can sleep! Or do what ever it is that toots your tulips!
Let me know how this works for you, I’d love to hear about it!
The Wife, Mother & Homemaker Vault Is Open
If you want access to FREE RESOURCES just sign up below.