Imagine you being the “dope as ever mama” you always thought you’d be or knew you wanted to be but through your eyes, things aren’t looking too good right now. Story of every mother’s life, unless you’re full of yourself because let’s face it, some of us are(recovering full of myself-acholic over here!).
On top of that, other parents and “non-parents” like to judge our parenting decisions more than ever. We fret about whether or not we are a “good mama.” We put ourselves to these high standards that we have to be a certain type of mom because society says that’s what a “good mom” does.
That’s a load of crap and trying to do everything and be everything we are not just makes EVERYTHING worse.
Just chill, mama! Be you and have fun with your kids. That is my number one tip for being a better mama ASAP! It’s really that simple.
Your kids are going to remember those small moments and silly jokes that you listened too. My kids remember the heck out of em! I forget so many small moments they bring up to me that at the time I didn’t think meant much to them but they did. Forgetfulness is one of those wonders that come along with being a mom. I’m totally rolling my eyes over here!
Don’t try to be a mom that you clearly aren’t. Don’t worry about meeting your made up expectations or societies expectations for being a “good mom.” Give them moments of full on attention, even if its just 5 minutes, tell silly jokes, try something new together. Of course, there is always room for improvement in our lives but work on them day by day
Of course, there is always room for improvement in our lives but work on them day by day and take it step by step. Don’t overwhelm yourself with pressure.
In the end aren’t we all just trying to make sure the kids stay alive till their at least 18 (Or is that just me?)? While still being mindful of trying to raise a decent human being?
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO UP YOUR MAMA GAME
- Keep it simple. Focus on smiles and laughs with your kids and if simple isn’t you then by all means just do you! But remember it’s okay to be chill too.
- Don’t hold yourself to anyone else’s parenting standards! I really don’t think most of us know what we’re doing with parenting anyways. All we try to do is our best with how we think we should be raising our children. Which is truly something to decide on our own not for society or a meddler thinking they can raise our kids better than we can.
- Set realistic expectations for your kids. This is a something I just read this morning in one of my devotionals. I thought the tip was so valuable that I had to share it because I am guilty of this! Expecting too much too soon from our kids results in added stress for the both of you. Of course, we have good intentions in helping our kids succeed in life but not accurately estimating our children’s abilities for their age range can be hard for the both of you. You get angry and frustrated then the yelling comes. Again, I’m right there with you. I’ve done more yelling in my “mommy-life” then I am happy to admit.
If you learn to remember this tip you will let go of added stress and frustration. I know it’s hard, though. Being a mom gets tough.
- Take care of you so you can take care of them. I know first hand what it’s like to neglect myself because I was usually too concerned about my family. Don’t get me wrong, I care about my family I just realized that if I want to be at my best for myself and my family I need to take care of me too. I talk about a mommy self-care routine in this post here.
- Look at the glass half full not half empty. Negative thoughts and self-doubt about how you’re doing as a mom will drown you in waves! Don’t get absorbed in what you think you are lacking in. Instead, work on you a little at time making positive life-changing changes. Being a mom is tough enough, don’t let your mind suck you into bad thoughts about you not feeling adequate as a mother. It’s your thoughts that will drown you not your circumstances.
Do you feel better about your role as a mother? Let these tips really sink in. After changing your mindset a bit I’m positive you will start feeling like your mama game is up and you will be like, “I’m a pretty dope mama!” Because you are and you can handle this job!
Keep it simple or not, totally up to you! Don’t hold yourself to anyone else’s standards, make realistic goals and expectations for you and your kids. Take care of yourself and look at the glass half full.
Want to try a calming vitamin I’m currently taking? It’s a stress formula and supports a calm, relaxed mood. The herbal blend has chamomile, lemon balm, and lavender extract. No artificial colors or preservatives! I’ve noticed I’m more relaxed and chill on the days I take it. Which is great for me because I get high anxiety and that struggle in no joke! Let me know what you think if you try it.
Let’s start a conversation! Leave a comment below tell us what you think and if you have more tips please share!