Yes, you read right. I’m sharing how to fight with your husband today on the blog and I’m super excited about it! Relax, it’s not like I’m telling you to break him with your words then go in for the kill.
That would not be good advice and I’m just in that kind of business!
Haha, okay now let’s get to the good stuff. Fighting with my husband just puts me in a horrible mood. He’s my best friend and no one likes fighting with their best friend.
After so many years of being together (10 years!) and a whole lot of praying I’ve learned to, “Fight Better.”
What does this mean you ask!!!
Learn to fight fair. Spending your whole life with this one person gets tough sometimes but it’s also extremely rewarding. You two have each others backs through thick and thin, and you’re each others safe place.
Fights will come and go but the love and friendship between you and your spouse is forever.
Here are good ways to fight with your husband for the sake of your marriage. Don’t be that crazy woman who once threw an iron..that was me.
- Have respect for one another – This is a must for both of you. I know that in the heat of the moment words or object can throw “respect” right out the window. Hold on tight to your respect for one another and if you have to, just step outside and breathe.
- Girl, start praying – Marriage gets frustrating sometimes. It happens but praying for you and your husband, as well as praying together, will help you both be more understanding and logical.
- Seek a solution – You won’t get anywhere if you don’t seek out solutions to your issues. Throwing your hands up is always easier but it’s not worth your marriage.
- Don’t name call – Your name is your name, not anything else. Plus, that hurts feelings. Especially if it’s is coming from your spouse.
- Hold on to communication – Communicating with love and respect even through a fight is extremely important. Emotions take hold and you just want to kick him but hold back. Work on this, analyze the situation, and try to understand what the heck he is thinking!
- Don’t play the blame game – there is nothing you can do after something is done. It happened, this took me such a long time to understand! You’re a team. Set emotions and words of the, “I told you so” aside. Put your heads together, find a solution, and comfort each other. It’s good for your husband (us women too) to see his own mistake, and learn from them so he can be more cautious next time.
- Don’t hit! – No one likes to get hit or feel afraid. Make sure you BOTH keep your hands to yourself.
- Pick your battles – Somethings are just not worth fighting over. Learn to let things go, enjoy your life for what it is, and for who you have in it.
- Know what lines not to cross – You are here to help each other as husband and wife not to be against each other as enemies.
- Never sleep away from each other – I guess saying, “don’t go to sleep angry” is easier said than done. But sleeping away from each other causes separation and distance. One thing that happens with my husband and I is if we fall asleep mad at each other we wake up with one of us hugging the other. It’s kind of hard to stay mad when you are cuddling.
My husband told me that when he goes to sleep and wakes up with his arms around me the majority of his issues from the day before dissolve and he is able to see what he has. He’s able to be thankful for that.
- Forgive – This is extremely important in a marriage. Learn to do it well. At any moment something could happen. We can’t tell the future. Forgive, and a new day will come.
Always remember that if you’re fighting with your husband, you don’t want to be against him, no matter how much you don’t understand his reasoning.
Girl, that’s your man, your best friend, and your safe place. You’re a team.
This marriage thing isn’t easy but you learn to make it easier along the way.
I’ve learned quite a bit throughout my relationship before marriage, and during marriage. We both have grown so much, and still continue to everyday. I really hope you all enjoyed this and if you did please share.