The kids were screaming over who gets the next turn on the video game, another child is getting into the pantry looking for any kind of food he can find, and the baby has gone wild, jumping off the couch. Why do kids do this? Well, because they are kids and that’s what they do best.
For some reason I felt useless, and I couldn’t seem to take on my role as a parent.
The kids were basically running the joint! I had fallen into a “Mom Funk.”
What is a “Mom Funk?” It’s a horrible feeling of defeat mixed with tossing your hands up because you don’t feel like doing your mom job!
Can you relate?
These feelings are never good to hold on to. They make you feel so limited on what you’re truly capable of doing. To keep this Mom Funk from coming on I try to make sure I do the following 3 things each day. It really helps me look at my day differently, I can appreciate more rather than letting my emotions overcome me and take over my role as a wife and mother.
Here are 3 bullet proof ways to get you out of a “Mom Funk.”
1. Take a shower, and take time to get yourself ready for the day.
- Investing time in yourself will change your attitude right away because you’ll feel good about yourself. Walking around looking like a hot mess all day won’t make you feel any better about your day.. Just saying.
2. Take your bible out or look up some bible verses online to help lift your mood.
- Sometimes what you need to hear is just some good good words from the good good book!
3. Choose to be happy.
- Don’t let yourself fall into a funk, make the choice to do anything in your power to be happy. To have a positive, fun, loving day!
I hope these help you! I’d love to hear anything other great advice you may have.