We have busy lives! Sometimes, It’s hard to make time for your husband (well it seems that way for me!). Our lives have gotten super busy, not that I’m complaining, I like staying busy it’s good for me! However, It can take a toll on your marriage. I usually start to feel distant from my husband and no wife wants to feel that way.
In a marriage, the time you spend together is precious and let’s just say it should be mandatory! Sometimes you just need to recharge your marriage.
My husband works Monday through Friday, Saturday half days, and I work here at home. I’m always busy with the kids, the house, the dog, and sports! Sometimes, it just feels like we give each other minimal attention because we are so busy with life. It happens, it does, I get it. So, here is how we fixed that minimal attention thing!
When you two are home with the kids and just want to fit in some recharging time, give the kids something to do that you know will keep them busy. Try these things:
- If you have a back yard, kick them out! We have glass sliding doors and a fenced in yard(we also have a large german shepherd 😉 ). We open up the windows so we can still see and hear the kids playing outside. This gives us some time for each other. The kids will be perfectly fine playing in the yard.
- Give them some tv time. Try giving them a blanket, close the blinds and put a favorite movie or show on. Then sneak away to talk with your husband, hopefully there will be no little hands pulling at your waist or interrupting your talk.
- My boys love to read! So, let them pick out a book and make them read for 25 minutes. That is a good amount of time for you two to have just a little bit of time to yourselves. Let the little ones look at the pictures and words in the books, it’s good for them. This is one of our favorite silly books and this one gets all of my boys attention.
- Nap time!!! Hooray, I love nap time.. and I’m not afraid to admit it! Our little ones take naps (check out this post on how to get your kids to take naps) and boy do they sleep long. I just love, love, love it! So, give them a nap time and take advantage of the time! This works great for us when my husband comes home for lunch and on the weekends when he is home with us. Our older boys don’t take many naps anymore so this time, is just reading time for them.
- This one is my favorite! Ready for it??? Put your kids to bed and turn all devices off. Hop in bed for some serious cuddling and movie time. There is seriously nothing better to me than just relaxing with my husband, cuddled up in bed, with a favorite show or movie on. Can you blame me?
These are very simple ways to recharge your marriage throughout the week, when life is busy. You don’t need to get a sitter and bust out the green! 🙂 Fitting in this time together helps us keep our connections strong and I’m so happy we have that!
So, use this time to do what ever you two want together! It’s a great way to recharge your marriage.
What are some of things you and your spouse do to keep the connections in your marriage alive? I’d love to hear from you!
GET FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO THE VAULT
THE WIFE, MOTHER & HOMEMAKER RESOURCE VAULT