There is no denying that my house gets messy. It happens to the best of us especially when there are 6 very messy boys involved (one of them is my husband)! So, I think it’s safe to say that, “The Struggle Is Real”. With a big family, a house can get pretty darn dirty in places you didn’t even know existed! 😉 And a mother can get pretty overwhelmed if she does all that cleaning by herself.
How can you make Spring Cleaning simple for your family?
Ready for it? Involve your kids, and use Lemi Shine Products for a safe, Clean Freak Clean! You can get your spring cleaning done faster if you have help. I stopped trying to do things by myself because it was too hard! Have you ever tried deep cleaning your refrigerator with little kids running around? Don’t do it, it’s not as easy as you think. That one task took me about 2 hours once (there were many interruptions)!
Here’s how to Spring Clean With Your Kids Like A BOSS!
- Pick a day that works for everyones schedule (so your husband can help too), Saturday afternoon worked for us!
- Prep breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the day you plan on tackling your spring cleaning. This will take a lot of stress off of you. I like to make crockpot dinners on days I know we will be busy, so that may be a good idea for your family.
- Make a list of your spring cleaning areas you need to tackle.
- Get your shopping list ready, and head out (don’t forget your Lemi Shine Coupons). Shop together, let the kids mark off checked items, and find the products you are looking for. This gets them so excited about helping mommy. You can even help them guide the cart!
- Let them pick a “station” in one of the areas on your cleaning checklist, give them direction, and grace. I’ve come to realize that if you just tell them to clean, they won’t do it. Not because they want to defy you but, because they won’t know where to start or how to get something clean. Guide them, if you show them once then they will get a grip on what it is that they are supposed to be doing.
- Keep a special treat you know your kids love for when they lose interest and you need to pull out the bribing! 😉 Putting on a favorite movie for after lunch can also get them to relax (keep them in one spot, I won’t judge you) while you continue on with your spring cleaning. If that fails, kick them outside! As long as you have a fenced in yard, you should be good. Keep the windows open so you can hear them. We have glass sliding doors that I keep open so I can hear, and see my kids. We also have a very large german shepherd that likes to keep my kids stay safe. 😉
The kitchen and bathrooms were the main areas I really wanted to tackle so , I did them first! They are also the yuckiest to me so, I rounded up my boys to help me get this yucky job done. We used Lemi Shine Products to get our home super clean! Just in case you aren’t familiar with the Lemi Shine family, they are a Texas-based, family-oriented company offering powerful, safe products for clean freaks everywhere!
Their products are effective and safe, powered by 100% natural citric extracts!
They’re non-toxic, biodegradable and septic system friendly. That’s what I love so much about them! Lemi Shine products can give you the peace of mind you need, when it comes to letting your kids help you clean surfaces.
Snag your $1.00 off Lemi Shine Surface Cleaners HERE!
Our spring cleaning was a success! I have to say, for natural cleaning products, Lemi Shine got the job done, and most importantly, I didn’t go crazy this year! 😉 My boys loved helping mommy. We got to use Lemi Shine Detergent Booster, Dishwasher Detergent, Disposal Cleaner, Liquid Dish Soap, Shower + Tile Cleaner, and Glass + Surface Cleaner. My boys loved being in control of the spray bottle and wiping surfaces clean! It gave them a sense of independence, me relief, and we all felt great about Spring Cleaning.
How do you make Spring Cleaning simple for you?
Sign up HERE to receive your FREE printable Spring Cleaning Checklist, and Shopping List! Plus, access to my FREE PRINTABLE LIBRARY.
Here’s what my Spring Cleaning Checklist looked like. You can snag this one or the blank one, and take the shopping list too!
Wondering where you can find Lemi Shine Products? Check out the Store Locator .
A few more post you might like..