Spring is here, ahhh! I really love spring and for once, I’m going to “Spring Clean” right this time! No, half A job, yeah, yeah, I’ll do it later, kinda clean. 😉 I bought the audible version of this awesome book! It’s really helping me change my life. Who knew that cleaning, decluttering, discarding, and organizing would make this much of a difference in my life! I really love the feeling I get just from the little bit that I’ve gotten done (you can check out the book here, if your curious). Here are things you don’t want to forget while Spring Cleaning this year..
**This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I would receive a little something to keep this blog up and running.**
- First, I’ll start by advising you to discard things that no longer bring you joy. This is how I am learning to declutter my home, I honestly don’t even know I had all this stuff!
- Dust your heart away sunshine! Clean, scrub, wipe every counter! Don’t forget those junk drawers, if you have had them long, just empty the whole drawer out in the trash! I don’t even know what is in mine and obviously Its’ not anything I’m going to miss. If you will miss things in this drawer then find a place for them.
- Clean under your refrigerator and stove. If they need a good scrub down, now’s the time.
- Wash any walls that have seen better days!
- Clean windows, window seals (I had pine needles in my sliding door seal, just use a vacuum) and screens. Taking the screens out and tossing them in the tub works fine or you can use a plastic kiddie pool if you have one of those laying around. 😉
- Give blinds a good scrub down and curtains a well needed wash. They want to be at their best this year! 😉
- Disinfect your kids toys! Throw them in the bathtub with a natural disinfectant and very, very, very hot water. The ones that you can’t submerge in water, just spray, let sit, then wipe clean. No need for harmful chemicals 😉
BONUS TIPS –
- Deep clean carpets! Just rent Rug Doctor to get the job done.
- Need to a floor board or baseboard that needs some attention? Take care of it. One of my friends just pointed out to be that I can just sand the baseboards I have and them re-paint white. She’s so smart!
I wish you all a very happy and successful Spring Cleaning, Kick butt mamas!!
What are your top Spring Cleaning tips?