As if it wasn’t hard enough to get myself motivated to work out already, getting the work out in is kinda hard with 3 little kids running around. I have 5 little monster but the twins are off at school during the day.
I swear I came really close to accidentally knocking one of my kids out today! Now, I don’t go around knocking my kids out, I swear, it was just my attempt at getting a decent work out in.
All I wanted to do was WORKOUT! I just want to be healthy and in great shape! Okay, so I want to be a skinny B word. Don’t judge me for that.
Have you ever tried to work out with your kids around? It’s a mess sometimes…
Here are 5 Fool Proof Ways Conquer A Great Work Out With Kids
1. Movie or Video Games – I know a lot of parents don’t like to give their kids too much screen time and I totally get that. I don’t like to either but i’m a stay at home mommy of 5 boys.
If I want time to do something for myself then I have to make that time!
So, a little screen time doesn’t have to be so horrible. Make it educational! There are plenty of educational shows you can find on Netflix (we pay for this every month because I don’t like cable!) like Super Why!, The Magic School Bus, Octonauts, and much more.
You can find loads of educational apps as well. We really like the apps that Originator offers. I love the Spanish one! You can check them out at Originatorkids.com.
2. Bust out the BOOKS! We love to read and always pass out books for fun or as a way for time to
pass. If you start them young they’ll love books forever! So, don’t let your little one miss out on all the adventures they can take when reading a book.
3. Put the BABY ON or down for a NAP – Well we already talked about how my son almost got knocked out today with my awesome work out moves. Just kidding I do T25 and I look ridiculous doing it but the workout system is amazing! My son even threw himself down on the floor next to me.
What should a mother do?? Well this mama grabbed her Mobi and put that baby on. Then it’s like your working out with weights. I did however have to follow “Modified Tanya” but hey it worked out and so did I.
Sleep works too. Put your baby down for a nap.
4. Get Creative Mama – Bring em out, bring em out! I’m talking about those pots and pans. Kids love to mimic mama. What’s more fun than playing with kitchen stuff? Of course, we’ll keep it safe but bring out some wooden spoons and let them do what they do best.. be kids.
Can I get a drumroll? Or buy me a cup of coffee?
5. Get Them Involved – Have your little ones ever walked up to you in the middle of a workout and tried to join in? It’s so cute! Let them join you. It could be really fun for them and you. You can even take the fit fun outside. Just make it fun for the whole family.
Have a good workout mama.
GET FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO THE VAULT
THE WIFE, MOTHER & HOMEMAKER RESOURCE VAULT